The Little Red Reviewer tagged me, so I’m going to play the meme. Here are the questions, and my answers.
1. What is your dream vacation?
I’d like to drive around Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. All the way around, up the rugged, wild west coast as far as the roads go, then across to the east coast and back down to Victoria. Take a 4-wheel drive, lots of camera gear, warm clothes, hiking and camping stuff.
2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
I’m pretty much a planner, though sometimes I get spontaneous, especially when it comes to buying books, and plants at the nursery!
3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don’t dare do it.
Buy an old Chevelle SS 396. Old cars are neat, but they are way too much work and upkeep, and I’m no mechanic.
4. What’s your biggest phobia?
It’s claustrophobia. I can’t abide dark, tight spaces.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island-what three things would you want with you? (Not including your laptop or family)
Assuming it was a Swiss Family Robinson type island, so food was available, then cooking/hunting utensils, matches, books.
6. Name three things in your life that you are thankful for.
My wife, books and my small pension.
7. What was your nickname in High School?.
I didn’t have one.
8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?
Sometimes, intellect is trumped by propaganda.
9. If you could be any literary character, who would you be?
Tough one. Perhaps Lazarus Long from the Heinlein books.
10. What is your favorite quote?
“Any morning you wake up and get out of bed is a good morning”