Greenberg, Lellenberg, Waugh, Editors, Berkley Prime Crime, 1999
Again a strong cast of writers gives us stories of Holmes and Watson in the holiday season. I’m always concerned, when encountering a sequel, second installment or continuation that quality will flag. I liked the initial collection, so I was glad to see a second and the quality here is up to the standard. A slightly different mix of authors and the number of stories is less, but a fine anthology.
Sadly, this appears to be the last of these collections. I wish there was another, or that this had become an annual treat. I’ll have to settle for re-reading both of these very enjoyable collections.
- Anne Perry “The Christmas Gift”
- Peter Lovesey “The Four Wise Men”
- Barbara Paul “Eleemosynary, My Dear Watson”
- Loren D. Estleman “The Adventure of the Greatest Gift”
- Carolyn Wheat “The Case of the Rajah’s Emerald”
- Edward D. Hoch “The Christmas Conspiracy”
- L.B. Greenwood “The Music of Christmas”
- Bill Crider “The Adventure of the Christmas Bear”
- Jon L. Breen “The Adventure of the Naturalist’s Stock Pin”
- Daniel Stashower “The Adventure of the Second Violet”
- Tanith Lee “The Human Mystery”